Hey everyone, so I recently did a photo shoot and did a Marilyn Monroe make up look on my model. I personally think a red lip and black liner will never go out of fashion so I will give you a step by step tutorial on how to create the famous look!
1. Put your foundation on and lightly contour your cheekbones using any matte bronzer.
2. Colour in your eyebrows using any matte eye shadow, suiting your hair colour, elongating them in a downward direction (if you want the full Marilyn Monroe look!)
4. Buff the eyeliner on lids with a pencil brush, and pat on white eyeshadow on top of it to make it really white!
5. Get a matte brown eyeshadow and blend on top of white eyeshadow on your eyebrow bone over your eye socket, using a blending brush. (I use a MAC 217 blending brush and MAC Handwritten brown eyeshadow) Blend the brown forward and back until soft and blended properly.
6. Using a small liner brush put a line of black gel eyeliner over lash line of your lid and slightly flick it outwards and coat your eyelashes with mascara and put white eyeliner in your waterline.
7. Using a small liner brush again, put a small dot on your cheek using brown eyeshadow.
8. Get your angle brush and put a flick of matte brown eye shadow underneath your bottom lashes at the corner of each eye to give the effect of a shadow from your lashes. Monroe was famous for this technique!
9.Finally get your lipstick and put it on your lips. Don’t go for a dark red as Monroe didn’t have vibrant red lips, it was more of a deep red.
MAC do a Marilyn Monroe collection and they have a red lipstick exactly the same colour as hers.
If you want to make the look more dramatic you could add a few individual eyelashes as well! Thanks for reading guys 🙂 This is the picture of the look I did on my model!