So I have been contemplating a lot to whether I should buy Benefit’s ‘They’re Real’ mascara.
I have been hearing a lot of mixed reviews about it, but I eventually decided to bite the bullet and try it out for myself I was shocked at how expensive it was, €26 is quite pricey for my liking.
I bought it about a month ago now, and have been using it almost every day.
My overall thoughts on the product:
- It’s not my favourite mascara of all time, but I don’t hate it as it really lengthens my lashes which make my eyes look bigger.
- It lengthens my lashes but does not give them volume! ( Yes there is a difference!) Which has to do with the wand.
- The wand has plastic bristles on it which help separate the lashes evenly leaving no clumps, but they do leave a lot of excess product at the tip of the wand making you wipe it all at the top of the mascara tube, wasting product!
- The product is very wet, so it takes a while to dry while results in a lot of smudging.
- I always put mascara on my fake eyelashes when I have applied them to my lashline, make them look more real, but when putting the mascara on them it makes them look like I have used an eyelash curler, making them really stand up giving me very big fish eyes. So i would not use it on fake lashes ever!
As you can see on the right the lashes are really lenghtened making your eyes look bigger and brighter.
If you have product review requests leave a comment below 🙂